Tumblr is a known microblogging platform and social networking website founded by David Karp. It was later acquired by Yahoo! in 2013. It allows users to post multimedia and other content to a short-form blog. Bloggers can make their blogs private or public. As a blogger, you get many of the website’s features from a ‘Dashboard.’ There are not many free themes available for this platform. We have found out ten best free themes for different usage.
Sugar is a Tumblr theme using a Variable Grid Layout. Your collection gets beautifully displayed on any device. It works just like your Look Book!
- Sugar supports all six Tumblr post types. Caters to any genre of the blog!
- Sugar’s color palette is just beautiful. Elements of the color scheme for text, background, and accents can be adapted to your favorite color anytime!
- In addition to custom Tumblr fonts, Google Web Fonts are available
- Smartphones, tablets, and Mac/PC with large screens… Sugar works perfectly on any devices.
- A maximum of three images is possible on a slide show.
- Just place the cursor in the upper left corner of the menu icon, you will see the profile card pops up.
- There are many theme options available to customize the appearance. You can edit the appearance, and it is self-explanatory.
- An original image mosaic layout design is possible by adding a tag cover
- Pagination format can be selected from Load more, Infinite scroll and Standard menu.
- Date format comes in four formats: Relative date format, UK format, American format and Japanese format.
- Google Analytics support
It is a great Theme for your personal, or business blog. Show your persona in a beautiful, yet functional way.
- Persona is easy to customize with minimized options and features that do not require much customization.
- The layout is optimized with a modern plugin, disabling images out of the viewport, which considerably reduces memory usage
- You can view your images in a lightbox mode when you click on a photo on Persona.
- An optimized interface for a consistent view
- You can upload up to 5 header images
- Change the links or description fonts & colors
- You can customize the title or description font size
- Hide an element or show it by disabling/enabling the options
The observer is designed to focus attention on your photos, text, and music.
- Fluid layout is beautiful on all mobile devices
- Choose from two header designs
- Customize fonts, colors, and header image
- Typekit support & selection of image size
- Disqus comments support & Google Analytics support
Honeycomb displays posts in a beautiful hexagonal grid. It’s made with photo posts and portfolios in mind but supports all post types. IT is possible to display descriptions and images on the permalink pages.
- 500px posts with good clarity
- optional full sized or repeating background image
- jump pagination & 22 custom colors
- hover info feature is available
- pop-up menu with four custom links
- localization is possible
Minimalism is the minimal Tumblr theme that offers plenty of customization options allowing your content to shine without unnecessary distractions.
- Configurable page background, content grid & page header
- Fully responsive layout and Sticky navigation
- Icons for most popular social services
- Infinite scrolling as this one is becoming a favorite feature
The option comes with a sticky navigation and a minimal grid layout. When the option ‘Randomize Post Size’ is on, a new layout gets generated with each reloads. Also, it also comes with 45+ font options, ten social links, three hover styles, along with the ability to customize post size/gutter and pops out asks/submit box.
- Randomized Post Grid
- Cross Browser compatible
- 3 Hover Styles & Infinite Scrolling
- Adjustable Fonts
- Pop out Ask & Submit Box
- Logo and Background Upload and Fully Responsive
Built for the modernist, designed for the minimalist. The template offers the header and sidebar layout which you can change. Its wide array of customizing options offers a stunning cover photo, adjustable post width and margin and three separate photo hover styles
- Modern and Clean Appeal looks great
- Auto-adjusted Columns & Header or Sidebar layout
- Stunning Cover Photo and Responsive design
- Super Customizable and has more than 20 Google fonts
Unique description of theme:
The level is a Tumblr theme with a heavy ‘User experience.’ It has a simple and straightforward design allows your audience to browse your blog in an easy manner. With the use of Ajax, loading users are allowed to read content without ever needing to reload. It has a responsive design, which means it will look good even on your tablet and mobile phones.
- Heavy UX Approach for the kind of heavy blogs!
- Five Layout Options & Post Highlighting is possible
- Responsive Design with infinite scrolling
- Particle Backgrounds are attractive
Elise is the responsive theme with four different post layouts. By default, posts arrangement is in the stonework layout, but you can change it to the grid, one column or two columns.
Elise theme supports text post, picture post (including photo sets and panorama), quote post, link post, chat post, video post, and audio post.